Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
Developer Homepage: http://crystalmark.info
Product Homepage: http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html
Download here: http://crystaldew.info/category/software/crystaldiskmark
CrystalDiskMark is a disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4K and 4K queue depths with accuracy.
* Sequential reads/writes
* Random 4KB/512KB reads/writes
* Text copy
* Change dialog design
* internationalization (i18n)
Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at 4 and 32.
The increased latency has an effect on 4K read performance. The Intel 335 delivers 29.79MB/s at QD1 and the Intel 520 delivers 32.36MB/s. When scaling to QD4 the 335 has 67.78MB/s, but the 520 scales all the way to nearly 100MB/s.
The Intel 520 was one of the few SF-2281 240GB SSDs to not scale from the QD4 to the QD32 test. The Intel 335 is the only SF-2281 drive to lose performance between QD4 to QD32. We think this is an artificial reduction to keep users from taking the 335 into enterprise environments. We have one other SSD with SF-2281 and 20nm flash and they don't show the same QD32 fall back.
In this test we also see sequential performance with incompressible data. This is an area where the 520 pulls far ahead from the 335. Up until this point there really wasn't a reason to choose the 520 over the 335 aside from the warranty and rated flash P/E cycle, but now we see there is a real difference between these two products.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:31 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Intel 335 Series 240GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]