Intel is one of the few SSD manufacturers with drives in retail locations. With that in mind let's look at the 335 Series package like a customer in a brick and mortar store.
The 335 Series box is a lot like many of Intel's other products. In my office, I sometimes mistake CPU boxes for SSD boxes.
Intel delivers a fair amount of information on its SSD package. You'll need to look at all six sides to take it all in, but the data is there for those willing to look for it.
The inner packaging keeps the drive safe and away from the other components. The desktop adapter bracket, paper guides, screws and other accessories are tucked away behind the cardboard drive holder.
Inside side we found a very nice accessory package that included a SATA data and power cable. I get a lot of emails from people who buy HDDs and SSDs and forget to order a SATA cable. They are forced to run to a B&M store to spend $15 on a SATA cable. Very few HDDs/SSDs ship with SATA cables and we really like seeing Intel include them.
Intel also includes a fairly unique desktop adapter bracket. 2.5" to 3.5" adapters are common, but Intel's has a really nice feature. It includes bottom mounts for drive sleds. Below the Intel adapter bracket is a drive sled from an Antec Take-4.
The drive is still set in the middle though so you can't use the drive sled with a backplane, but at least you can get the drive in your legacy drive sled.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Intel 335 Series 240GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]