Looking above you won't see anything new when it comes to the testbed side of things except for the addition of the AMD FX-5100K which is the chip for our FM2 based GIGABYTE F2A85X-UP4 motherboard.
This is the first time we've overclocked the new A10-5800K so we didn't know what to expect. What we've noticed, though, is that most people seem to be hitting around the 4.5GHz mark on the new APU. Considering the fact the chip runs at 4.2GHz when Turbo is added into the mix, this isn't a huge overclock at all.
Being a K series chip means that we're able to adjust the multiplier and that's exactly what we did. Heading into the BIOS we adjust our core voltage to 1.475v and our multiplier to 47x. After hitting F10 to save our settings and rebooting, our system fired up and we got into Windows. As soon as we fired up MediaEspresso our system crashed straight away so it was time to head back into the BIOS and adjust our multiplier.
We moved down to a 46x Multiplier and while we managed to get a little further with MediaEspresso we again couldn't finish it. Back in the BIOS we moved to a 45x Multiplier and found ourselves in Windows with no problem this time.
Since everything worked well we thought we'd head back into the BIOS one more time and see if adjusting the BCLK was an option to move past 4.5GHz. We tried everywhere from 101 to 104, but didn't have any luck at all. Looking above you can see we ended up with a 45x Multiplier while our BCLK remained at the default 100.
This really isn't much of an overclock with it being only 300MHz higher than the turbo speed. This doesn't seem to be an issue with the GIGABYTE board, though. Just looking at the results from other people, 4.5GHz seems to be what most people are hitting when it comes to using standard cooling (not LN2 or similar level).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Detroit: Become Human sells 2 million+ units since May 2018
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- Red Dead Online microtransactions are live
- Areca ARC-8050U3 USB-C RAID DAS Review
- https www.supplementcyclopedia.com mydxadryl-male-enhancement-canada
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire