At $129.99 the GIGABYTE F2A85X-UP4 is an aggressively priced motherboard. What we really like about the board is the look of it at this price point. When you're talking low $100 based motherboards, you expect them to look pretty ordinary. The matte black setup that GIGABYTE has going on with the F2A85X-UP4 looks fantastic and makes for a board that looks more expensive than it is.
Combined with the $129.99 A10-5800K and a decent priced 16GB RAM kit you can have yourself a really nice little system here that manages to hit at a really strong price point. The big problem is going to be marketing behind the platform. While GIGABYTE is more than capable of drawing attention to the FM2 based motherboards, without the proper support from AMD, the FM2 based processors are going to continue to struggle getting attention like the original FM1 based APUs did last year.
Overall GIGABYTE has put together a really nice motherboard and while the package is a little on the slim side, the nature of where the motherboard sits in the market and the aggressive price point means that it comes with the exact kind of bundle we'd expect.
If you're going to jump on a Trinity based FM2 APU then this is a really nice motherboard. Overclocking wasn't amazing, but like we mentioned earlier, the 4.5GHz clock we managed today seems to be in line with what the A10-5800K is capable of doing with regular cooling.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V battle royale mode Firestorm is now live
- ASUS installs malware onto tens of thousands of PCs
- Network Next boss teases reducing latency by 20-30ms
- NVIDIA releases new GeForce 419.67 drivers, Firestorm ready
- Bethesda: DOOM Eternal, RAGE 2, other games coming to Steam
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Back to Bed arrives to Nintendo Switch April 11th!
- First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sooma
- Warframe Approaches 50 million Player Mark At Sixth-Year Anniversary
- KILL la KILL - IF leads the pack of a whole slew of new Arc America info!
- Ubisoft Announces The Final Details Of The Just Dance World Cup 2019