At $129.99 the GIGABYTE F2A85X-UP4 is an aggressively priced motherboard. What we really like about the board is the look of it at this price point. When you're talking low $100 based motherboards, you expect them to look pretty ordinary. The matte black setup that GIGABYTE has going on with the F2A85X-UP4 looks fantastic and makes for a board that looks more expensive than it is.
Combined with the $129.99 A10-5800K and a decent priced 16GB RAM kit you can have yourself a really nice little system here that manages to hit at a really strong price point. The big problem is going to be marketing behind the platform. While GIGABYTE is more than capable of drawing attention to the FM2 based motherboards, without the proper support from AMD, the FM2 based processors are going to continue to struggle getting attention like the original FM1 based APUs did last year.
Overall GIGABYTE has put together a really nice motherboard and while the package is a little on the slim side, the nature of where the motherboard sits in the market and the aggressive price point means that it comes with the exact kind of bundle we'd expect.
If you're going to jump on a Trinity based FM2 APU then this is a really nice motherboard. Overclocking wasn't amazing, but like we mentioned earlier, the 4.5GHz clock we managed today seems to be in line with what the A10-5800K is capable of doing with regular cooling.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam