Temperatures, Cooling and Noise
The system, no doubt due in part to its ULV processor, managed to keep relatively cool during operation. Even through our strenuous torture testing, the system only got up to 96 degrees Fahrenheit on the front, though that was directly in the center of the keyboard.
On the flipside, we recorded a maximum of 98 degrees Fahrenheit, which is the coolest system we've ever had through our labs. 98 degrees, while warm, shouldn't pose any problems for direct contact unless exposed for prolonged periods of time.
The cooling system on the ASUS S56C doesn't have much heat production to cope with, but it still did an excellent job. It managed to keep the i5-3317U, and its on-board graphics chip, at a cool 72 degrees Celsius, the lowest we've recorded in the labs.
Note that the HD 4000 temperature was not actually reported. The reported CPU temperature was used as a stand-in since the two are together on a single piece of silicon in the newer Intel CPUs.
Impressively, the cooling system was whisper quiet. It was so quiet that it was hard to hear it running. We measured the sound output at a mere 36 decibels, a remarkable result. Our measurement is taken in front of the laptop at roughly head level. For comparison, 30dB is a totally quiet night time in the desert, 40dB is whispering and 60dB is a normal conversation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ