Temperatures, Cooling and Noise
The system, no doubt due in part to its ULV processor, managed to keep relatively cool during operation. Even through our strenuous torture testing, the system only got up to 96 degrees Fahrenheit on the front, though that was directly in the center of the keyboard.
On the flipside, we recorded a maximum of 98 degrees Fahrenheit, which is the coolest system we've ever had through our labs. 98 degrees, while warm, shouldn't pose any problems for direct contact unless exposed for prolonged periods of time.
The cooling system on the ASUS S56C doesn't have much heat production to cope with, but it still did an excellent job. It managed to keep the i5-3317U, and its on-board graphics chip, at a cool 72 degrees Celsius, the lowest we've recorded in the labs.
Note that the HD 4000 temperature was not actually reported. The reported CPU temperature was used as a stand-in since the two are together on a single piece of silicon in the newer Intel CPUs.
Impressively, the cooling system was whisper quiet. It was so quiet that it was hard to hear it running. We measured the sound output at a mere 36 decibels, a remarkable result. Our measurement is taken in front of the laptop at roughly head level. For comparison, 30dB is a totally quiet night time in the desert, 40dB is whispering and 60dB is a normal conversation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card