As you'd expect MSI has done a good job with the GTX 660 here and bringing into the HAWK family which has been a series that stood out in the mid-range segment. Out of the box performance is strong as you'd expect, but when it comes to the overclocking side of things, performance isn't quite as strong, since the overclock wasn't as strong as we expected it would be.
This of course could be due to the fact that maybe the GTX 660 isn't quite as strong an overclocker in general. Going through the benchmarks, though, you can see that performance on a whole is pretty strong for the price. You have to remember that while the overclock might not be as strong when compared to the out of the box numbers, the MSI GTX 660 HAWK also comes out of the box overclocked, which means that against those clocks, our overclock doesn't look quite as impressive. 1124MHz against the default 980MHz, though, is more impressive.
Coming in at the mid $200 price mark the GTX 660 HAWK indeed manages to hit at the right price point. There's no denying that when it comes to value the GTX 660 series cards do what the GTX x60 series have always done - offer fantastic bang for buck. Outside of the stronger overclocking ability the HAWK series brings with it, we also see stronger overall performance thanks to a number of improvements. Along with that the Twin Frozr cooler as always does a good job of keeping the video card running at a reasonable temperature and noise level.
Overall the GTX 660 HAWK is exactly what you'd expect when it comes to an MSI video card. We've got strong out of the box performance and better overclocking abilities thanks to the improved components and triple over voltage feature. Price is strong and if you're looking at spending around the mid $200 mark then this is more than likely a video card you should be looking at.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Vivendi postpones Ubisoft takeover
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ