Moving onto the card you can see that the overall design isn't anything too new thanks to the fact we've seen the Twin Frozr IV cooler for a while now on a number of cards. It's a cooler that has served extremely well since introduction and should do well on the more mid-range focused GTX 660.
Taking a quick look around the card you can see power comes in the form of two 6-pin PCIe power connectors. Staying across the top but moving closer to the front you can see we've got a single SLI connector present.
Finally moving onto the I/O side we've got two Dual Link DVI connectors in the form of a DVI-D and DVI-I. Along with that you can see we've also got a HDMI connector and a DisplayPort connector to round off the connectivity on the MSI GTX 660 HAWK.
Out of the box a reference clocked GTX 660 carries a core clock of 980MHz while the 2GB of GDDR5 carries a 6008MHz QDR clock. Looking below you can see the default clocks on the MSI GTX 660 HAWK have been bumped to 1085MHz on the core while in typical MSI fashion MSI have chosen to leave the memory clock alone at 6008MHz QDR.
Looking above, though, you can see we've overclocked our card bumping the core clock up to 1124MHz. As for the 2GB of GDDR5 you can see we've boosted that a decent chunk to 6836MHz QDR. Why didn't MSI bump up the memory core? That's a bit disappointing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem's new stronghold comes tomorrow in latest update
- Prediction: new PS5 streaming service to blend games & film
- RAGE 2 is a live service game without multiplayer
- Leffen casts Super Smash Bros. Ultimate training aside
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'pretty different' from E3 2018 gameplay
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- Intel wireless card not detcted in Beebox J3160
- Header Bidding Manager platform breaking updates. April'19 release
- The Fox Software is proud to announce the release of Active Soccer 2019 on Nintendo Switch
- Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time
- Bunnies and eggs in a War Game...seriously?
- Huawei Announces Its New 'Four-Engines' Brand Strategy, Leading Intelligent IP Networks