Moving onto the card you can see that the overall design isn't anything too new thanks to the fact we've seen the Twin Frozr IV cooler for a while now on a number of cards. It's a cooler that has served extremely well since introduction and should do well on the more mid-range focused GTX 660.
Taking a quick look around the card you can see power comes in the form of two 6-pin PCIe power connectors. Staying across the top but moving closer to the front you can see we've got a single SLI connector present.
Finally moving onto the I/O side we've got two Dual Link DVI connectors in the form of a DVI-D and DVI-I. Along with that you can see we've also got a HDMI connector and a DisplayPort connector to round off the connectivity on the MSI GTX 660 HAWK.
Out of the box a reference clocked GTX 660 carries a core clock of 980MHz while the 2GB of GDDR5 carries a 6008MHz QDR clock. Looking below you can see the default clocks on the MSI GTX 660 HAWK have been bumped to 1085MHz on the core while in typical MSI fashion MSI have chosen to leave the memory clock alone at 6008MHz QDR.
Looking above, though, you can see we've overclocked our card bumping the core clock up to 1124MHz. As for the 2GB of GDDR5 you can see we've boosted that a decent chunk to 6836MHz QDR. Why didn't MSI bump up the memory core? That's a bit disappointing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Vivendi postpones Ubisoft takeover
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ