LSI Nytro WarpDrive Internals
Pulling the WarpDrive apart, we can observe that each large metal heatsink holds two SSD modules. This design focuses on providing efficient thermal dissipation in high-heat server environments. With the temperature thresholds rising in many datacenters to ease power consumption for cooling, heat mitigation is important to extend the longevity of the NAND and controllers.
Each module connects to the device via ports connected to the PCB with a ribbon cable.
Upon closer inspection, we note that each metal plate has large pink thermal pads that sandwich each SSD module on both sides. This furthers the efficient heat transfer from the components to the heatsink.
Both sides of each PCB are in view in this picture. The SandForce SF-2582 FSP (Flash Storage Processor) is located at the bottom of the PCB on the right. The obscured markings are due to the oily residue from the thermal pads.
The Toshiba Toggle NAND packages of eMLC are each 32GB in capacity, totaling 256GB of raw flash per SSD. After RAISE and the standard overprovisioning there is 200GB of user addressable NAND per SSD, for an aggregate of 800GB for the entire WarpDrive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battle Royale craze extends to... OFFICE CHAIRS
- Intel will wave goodbye to legacy BIOS support in 2020
- iMac Pro will feature A10 chip for always-on 'Hey Siri'
- EA stock prices see the dark side of Battlefront II issues
- Canadian grocery chain the first with Tesla Semi truck order
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ