LSI Nytro WarpDrive
The Nytro WarpDrive connects to the host via a standard PCIe 2.0 x8 connection. There is quite a bit of heft to the card due to the large heavy metal heatsinks that house the NAND.
Three LED lights that indicate the data activity, drive life, and status of the WarpDrive shine through the rear bracket.
The WarpDrive is surprisingly small for the high capacity that it offers, coming in a half-height half-length form factor.
The processor hiding under the black heatsink is the proven LSI SAS2008 PCIe to SAS Bridge. The LSI SAS2008 processor is supported by OEM integrated drivers in nearly every operating system. Flanking the processor are four power regulation capacitors.
The rear of the card holds few surprises, with a firmware chip and power management circuitry. There are also included host power-loss protection capacitors along the bottom of the card.
One of the most telling aspects is what is not there, and that is DRAM packages. SandForce processors do not utilize DRAM caching. This provides consistent performance and a higher resilience to power failures.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit