The Build and Finished Product
With our 6-in-1 in place and the easily accessible 5.25" bay back in we can start our build.
Although confined to 4U and the size limits of a rackmount, Antec managed to give us quite a bit of room for the motherboard. In my two servers I'm using Gigabyte X58A-UD7 boards with ATX form factors. There is enough room for EATX if you need it and maybe even a little more.
The motherboard isn't butted up against the side of the case so your 8-pin power wire can go under the fan and not rest on the motherboard. The case fan wires can also fit along the same path. The cooling fans are set so they cool the power regulation circuits and also exhaust the hot CPU air.
Even with a fully modular power supply, we had a lot of spare cable length to get out of the way. With the air duct removed we had room to push most of the spare cabling into a corner.
I've never been very good at cable management; this is about as good as it gets for me.
In each system we have seven SSDs, two 6-port gigabit NICs, 48GB of Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz RAM and when in use peg all of the CPU cores to 100%. The Noctua coolers are standard practice in my office, but they don't fit well in a 4U case. We can't put the case covers on, but there is no reason to break from tradition, all of my case covers are neatly stacked in a corner of my office.
This server is ready for production.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Antec Take-4 Rackmount Case]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo has no immediate plans for N64 mini
- Telltale begins dismantling business and liquidating assets
- THQ Nordic has 35 unannounced projects in development
- Metroid Prime 4 is 'well into development'
- Corsair keyboards and mice are coming to the Xbox One
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions
- Lex Machina Expands Employment Litigation Analytics with Launch of ERISA Module
- L'Oreal Launches La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV--The First Battery-Free Wearable Sun Safety Sensor
- Drobo Launches High Performance 8D to Transform Storage Workflows
- CORSAIR Announces Support for Xbox One