LCD's have come a long way in the past 18 months; it wasn't that long ago the idea of an LCD for a monitor was ridiculous due to their high price tag. Thanks to the mass production of them, these days, prices have really dropped and they are now a lot more affordable for the average person. The Hercules Prophetview 920 DVI is a big improvement over its predecessor, the Prophetview 720, yet it still could do with a few more improvements - mainly an increase in contrast ratio, this will help get rid of some of the darkness we sometimes find in movies and games.
If you're in the market for an LCD, we would highly recommend that you don't skimp on the purchase of one; cheaper LCD's are usually only good for desktop use as their specs are usually quite low.
As we stated this particular model comes in two flavors: a DVI version priced at around $650 US (around $1,000 AU) and a non-DVI version priced at a more affordable $530 US (around $800 AU). If you look around you should be able to bargain a few dollars off the price but if you have been fortunate enough to own Hercules equipment in the past, you know the kind of quality used throughout their products and you know you will get what you pay for.
Overall we have a very nice LCD which flaws are only very small and we find no reason not to give it our editor's choice award!
Best looking LCD on the market
RCA port is very handy
Available with and without DVI
Very high quality
Can be wall mounted
Perfect for an office situation
Slightly more expensive then the competition
Bit too dark in some places
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Prophetview 920 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 3 [Features]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 5 [Features Continued and Setup]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 6 [Testing]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard