- Normal Computer Use
As far as moving around the desktop and surfing the internet, this monitor is perfect. The colors look very nice and you will find that you won't get any eye strain when looking at an LCD for hours on end.
Some people may find that they simply want an LCD due to it being more relaxing to look at or the fact that it takes up a lot less room. While the monitor will be slightly pricey for someone who simply wants to use it for desktop use, some people wont mind going out and spending big for the plain fact that it looks fantastic.
This is where it's going to become quite important for a lot of people. What good is an expensive monitor if it's hopeless in games? Gaming is where we find one of the first flaws in the monitor. Due to the Contrast ratio being lower then others, when you come to a dark scene in game, it can make it harder to see. If you adjust the brightness and contrast too much all you do is simply turn the black into a grey and it starts to look worse and undesirable.
As far as gaming use goes, it's not the best but it's far from being the worse, on the same token. It was only in the darker areas that it became harder to see. If you're into first person shooters it's going to be harder to see people hiding in corners. Other game genres like racing are fine and Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed looks fantastic on it.
- DVD Playback
For the bigger movie watchers out there we thought that it would be best to see how it goes when you place a DVD into that DVD-ROM of ours. We tried two movies - one had a problem, the other didn't.
First we tried Bourne Identity, with this movie we ran into the same problems we had when gaming. Due to a lot of dark areas in the movie at times it could become quite black and annoying to watch, again changing the brightness or contrast only results in the picture becoming gray and looking quite poor.
When inserting a more colorful DVD, in this case Toy Story 2, you notice how much better the picture looks when comparing it to a normal CRT, as you can see in the picture below.
- TV Playback
Finally we thought that we better make use of the RCA port. So, we decided to move the monitor out to the living room and plug in into our trusty pay TV box, in our case Foxtel. The particular pay TV we use runs through a cable instead of a satellite, so we get the ability to watch normal Free to Air (FTA) television as well. Moving through a host of channels we don't find any serious problems, MTV, Cartoon Networks, FTA all look great. We do run into the same problem we had with some games and DVDs that when a program that is dominated by darker colors.
As far as the setup of running TV through the monitor, it was very easy. Simply plug your RCA cable that carries video into the monitor and change the input device using the OSD. In no time you will find yourself watching normal television on it. One thing worth noting is that we found it better then our normal TV we had out in the living area and the new Prophetview 920 DVI became a more permanent fixture with a Shuttle XPC attached to it - quite the geeky area you can imagine, but we love it!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Prophetview 920 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 3 [Features]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 5 [Features Continued and Setup]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 6 [Testing]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit