- Contrast and Brightness
As we mentioned in the specifications page, the contrast ratio used is 350:1 and a brightness level of 250cd/m2. While these aren't necessary bad specifications, they are something that you are more likely to find on a cheaper LCD. This particular model would be competing with such units as the 171N from Samsung which uses the same brightness level but a higher contrast ratio of 400:1. We will have a look further into this when we test the monitor later on.
The On Screen Display (OSD) is quite basic to use and should only take a few moments to get use to. Inside of it you can do everything from Auto Adjustment to selecting what source you want to use, if it be digital, RCA, etc. Navigation of the OSD works by using the buttons on the right hand side of the monitor. One thing people may find they adjust is the brightness and contrast depending on their own personal preference.
The Prophetview 720, the predecessor of the 920, used to use a one piece stand which couldn't be un-done. The stand used on the 920 is placed together with a screw provided with the package. Once you have the stand in place you simply need to plug the cable into the necessary port on your computer. As stated before, depending on what you use, you may have to install the DVI to VGA adapter that comes with the monitor - no dramas there.
Setup of most monitors is quite basic and there isn't anything out of the unusual when it comes to this monitor. Installation shouldn't take you more then a few minutes (if that) and the hardest part would be finding a power point for you to put the plug into. If you wanted to, you can unscrew the back plate of the monitor and wall mount it, or mount it to a LCD arm, otherwise most people will choose to go with the trusty boomerang stand.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Prophetview 920 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 3 [Features]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 5 [Features Continued and Setup]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 6 [Testing]
- Prophetview 920 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Remedy's new game 'P7' expected for release in 2019
- Someone just bought close to $400 million worth of Bitcoin
- Dragon Ball FighterZ first DLC unlocks Broly, Bardock
- Final Fantasy XV PC mods can be whimsical and absurd
- Atari gets into crypto, offers Atari Token and Pong Token
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit