Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Silicon Power doesn't give us a whole lot of info on the spec sheet, but the official product page is loaded with information. The Slim S70 ships in four capacity sizes - 60GB, 120GB, 240GB and a large 480GB. The S70 is Silicon Power's 7mm z-height model as opposed to the V-Series products that are 9.5mm tall. We're looking at the fastest capacity size today, 240GB.
With the motto, re-write your SSD experience, the Silicon Power S70 pairs LSI SandForce's SF-2281 controller with Intel 25nm synchronous flash to produce a high-speed user experience. The claimed sequential read speed is 557MB/s and the sequential write speed is 507MB/s. The claimed write speed is lower than many of the other similarly configured drives on the market, but in our testing we found Silicon Power sandbagged a bit. We also found the claimed 4K random write IOPS performance to be low as well. We achieved much higher results.
Silicon Power's accessory package is thin. You get the drive, a paper manual and a set of screws for installing your drive. The screws are a little odd since you don't get a desktop adapter bracket. The warranty is stretched to three years, but that's average these days.
At first we had a difficult time finding the Slim S70 for sale. Google Shopping came up empty, but Amazon saved the day with the 240GB listed at $199 and the 120GB at $99. The prices aren't exceptional, but they are not bad either.
Let's take a look at everything and see how the drive performance and see what the Slim is all about.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Silicon Power S70 240GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]