On the testbed side of things you're not going to find anything new going on with the typical motherboard test line up present. Before we go into the overclocking side of things, though, we'll just quickly cover the other motherboards that will be seen in our graphs today.
Outside of the GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 we've also got Z77 representation coming from the ASRock Z77 OC Formula and MSI Z77 MPOWER which are both the latest offerings from each company. Also included are the ASUS Maximus V GENE and the ASRock X79 Extreme4 to round things off.
Moving onto the overclocking side of things we headed into the BIOS and started to adjust the CPU multiplier after we increased voltages. The first thing we do is move the multiplier up to 47x as this tends to be a good starting point for us. We booted up into Windows no problem and started running MediaEspresso.
Unfortunately when we hit 21% of that test it froze up. So we headed back to the BIOS and adjusted the voltage a little bit with no more luck. We then moved down to a 46x multiplier where everything was running fine in Windows. With that working fine we headed back into the BIOS and adjusted the BCLK.
We ended up with a BCLK of 100.7 as you can see above and combined with the 46x multiplier we've got a clock speed of 4631MHz or 4.63GHz as illustrated in our graphs today. This is a good overclock for us as we see most of the time our i7 CPU sits only around the 4.6 - 4.7GHz mark.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- JUMP FORCE leaks images of Dragon Quest and JoJo Characters
- Steam discounts Mortal Kombat franchise, up to 75% off
- Anthem head compares finished game details to upcoming demo
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019