Inside the HAF XB Chassis
After I removed both side panels I took a look inside the left side of the HAF XB to see what was going on in there. You can easily see the two tier design of the chassis as well as seeing the box of hardware that is shipped tied into the expansion slots.
Starting in the lowest level on the left side of the chassis, we are now seeing the 5.25" bays and the tool-less mechanisms used to keep the drives in place and easy to remove. Just like there are two covers in the front, there are two bays in here.
Moving toward the back of the chassis, still on the left side, you will run into a removable 2.5" drive rack. This is what the screws on the bottom hold in place. You of course get the slide rails in the hardware box to allow you to easily use these bays.
Back upstairs, I wanted to give you a decent look at the top floor and inside of the front of the chassis. You can see the pair of 120mm fans installed there with room for a radiator, as well as the black wiring used to connect the front I/O to the motherboard.
This part of the chassis, the motherboard tray, is removable with just four thumbscrews for ease of mounting the motherboard and adding it into the chassis. The stand-offs installed are self centering and flank the top and bottom of the large CPU cooler access hole.
Around the back, there isn't a 120mm fan installed from Cooler Master, but you can see they chose to use thumbscrews to keep the slot covers or cards securely in place.
Back to the "basement", this time on the right side, we are looking at the back of the pair of 3.5" drive bays of the X-Dock. Here you power both bays with a 4-pin Molex connector, add your SATA cables, and then enjoy the hot swap capabilities of these bays.
To allow for much larger power supplies to fit inside the HAF XB, Cooler Master added an extension piece to allow 180mm PSUs to fit on top of the foam anti-vibration padding on the raised rails that support the PSU.
The wiring coming from the front I/O is of course all black which I like a lot, but contains the native USB 3.0, HD Audio/AC'97 and F_Panel connections along with a pair of fan leads with the Molex adapters on them, but only one made it into the image.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cooler Master HAF XB LAN Box / Open Air Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the HAF XB Chassis]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Radeon Vega Instinct: refreshed 7nm Vega 20 hits AMD labs
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.36 after code
- Amazon Prime price will increase to $119 in May
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit