Cooler Master HAF XB LAN Box / Open Air Chassis
The front he of the HAF XB uses a lot of plastic to frame the large mesh panel in the middle that sports the Cooler Master logo. With the I/O panel in the middle, that just leaves the two 5.25" bays on the left and the pair of 3.5" bays on the right, all of which open from the outside.
I moved in much closer to the front I/O panel so we can see what it has to offer. There is a large power button on the left that is backlit when powered and a smaller reset button above the activity LED for the storage drives. You then also get 3.5mm jacks for headphones and a microphone, as well as the pair of USB 3.0 ports.
The top of the chassis has a mesh panel to allow for the natural convection of air flow to just go right through the top. You also have the option to mount a 200mm fan here to aid in natural cooling, or flip it over and force a ton of cool air on the motherboard.
The left side offers a large handle at the top made of plastic that is inserted into the steel panel. Around and below it, you will find a large mesh area to allow air into the "first floor", but blocking off the "basement" level.
There is a lot going on in the back of the chassis. On the "first floor" you have a 120mm fan mounting position, some venting, the rear I/O area, and the seven ventilated expansion slots. In the "basement" you have the PSU on the left with the extension bracket and dual 800 fan mounting positions on the right.
The right side panel is a direct mirror image of the left side panel. It offers another large plastic handle for easier toting around, and again only ventilates the top half.
Under the chassis you find a few interesting things. There are large oval holes in the floor to allow for the inflow of fresh air, a dust filter under the PSU, nine wire tie points, and if you look really close, there are four screws to allow us to remove something.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cooler Master HAF XB LAN Box / Open Air Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the HAF XB Chassis]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series