Inside the Enermax Hoplite ST
With the side panels off now it is much easier to get a view of the inside of the Hoplite ST. Near the top you will find a pair of Molex power leads, and behind the black one are the fan headers for the controller on the front. You will also find the hardware and paperwork tied to the drive bays.
The four 5.25" bays use these twist to lock, twist back to unlock, tool-less clips to secure the devices here. The other side uses dimples pressed into tabs that will sit in the holes on the other side with no holes for adding screws.
Behind the clear 120mm fan working as the intake you see there are two hard drive bays that hold three drives each with slide in trays. The trays also are able to hold both 3.5" as well as 2.5" drives. The top section has a tab at the top and bottom of it that when squeezed together allows for that section to come out.
Removing the top section is very easy, and does expose a bit of the front fan. I wish the bottom would come out as well, but alas it is riveted into the chassis.
In the roof of the chassis you have the option to install either a single 140mm fan or a 120mm fan in here. To gain access to mount the fans, you have to remove the top that is held in with round plastic clips, I didn't find any screws holding it, but be aware it will take the SATA dock wiring along with it.
The motherboard tray offers a large CPU cooler access hole, and 8-pin EPS cable hole at the top, and three wire management holes with grommets to surround either an ATX or M-ATX motherboard.
In the floor there is a pair of pressed steel bumps that come up from the floor to support the front of the PSU to carry some of the weight. The mesh and dust cover look to be well placed to allow any PSU to breathe freely.
Inside the rear of the chassis you can see the second 120mm fan that is installed in this Hoplite ST. You can also see that the expansion slot covers, and cards will be secured with thumbscrews.
Behind the motherboard tray, since it is relatively flat, you get 20mm of room here for wiring across most of the expanse. Near the edge of the motherboard tray on the left, and up near the optical drive, space is slightly more limited, but there is enough to get buy I think.
As for the wiring that can actually make it out of the chassis for an image you have the USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HD Audio, and F_Panel connections along with the SATA lead from the dock. You can't see the three 3-pin fan leads or the Molex power plugs that I mentioned when we first looked in the chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit