Specifications, Availability and Pricing
On an aesthetic level there isn't a whole lot to describe. The front of the Elite 120 Advanced is made of plastic as its base material for the contour and structure of the bezel. On it, the edges stick out the furthest, and are beveled down below the face plate to allow for ventilation for the chassis on both sides and at the bottom. The face is covered with a brushed aluminum panel to dress things up a bit. As far as the connectivity here, you have USB 2.0 ports with the front panel audio on the left side, and the power, reset and a USB 3.0 port to the right of the metal plate. Looking around the top and sides, they are constricted of steel and very well ventilated, and the top even has a duct filter for the PSU that will sit there. Around the back there is room for the power supply, the rear I/O, has a wire pass through hole, and offers two expansion slots.
On the inside you will find room to house one optical drive, and below it is a three bay HDD rack. The nice thing about this HDD rack is that it offers adapters in two of the bays that will allow for 1.8" and 2.5" drives to go into those two bays, jacking the total of storage drives to a potential five. An added touch to the side of the hard drive rack nearest the motherboard tray is the ability to house another 120mm fan on this side rather than just the one 120mm fan already installed in front of this rack. Speaking of the motherboard tray, this one only houses M-ITX motherboards, but it offers six wire tie points around it as well as a removable 80mm fan that will blow onto the CPU cooler and heat sinks around it. The nice thing about this design is that the chassis allows for a 65mm overall height for a CPU cooler, and even better is the 343mm of room for video cards allowing you to really pour on the power in this small chassis.
The best feature of the RC-120A-KKN1 Elite 120 Advanced has to be the pricing. While I am able to find listings at quite a few places, you need to pay attention when purchasing this. On the lowest end from a few places I have never heard of, let alone shopped there, but the chassis can be found for as low as $49.99, all inclusive. Getting to the average pricing, I found Newegg has a $49.99 base price, but also requires and additional $9.99 to ship, but there is peace of mind for that additional ten dollars buying from them. I say shop smart, because I also see listings going above and beyond $80 for this chassis, too.
For right now and the purposes of this review, I will be referring to the $59.98 pricing of Newegg for reference to the market, and for what you receive, under $60 for the Elite 120 Advanced is a solid deal in my book.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced