The Build and Finished Product
The front bezel is held on with metal clips and allows you access behind it for the removable bay covers. Inside of the chassis you can see the dust filter in front of the intake fan, but there is also an empty one just above it that allows you to just clip in the fan like the others do.
I went without the optical drive this time, and I think I may leave it out from here forward. With this chassis the black face just didn't go well at all and really broke up the design, so to look better, and the fact that I don't need it, it's gone from the front of the Evolution Galaxy.
Installing the motherboard was easy enough, and you can see that there is plenty of room for the Radeon HD 7950 I have in here. While they do offer room behind the tray for all of the wiring, I did find it fit better with the PSU wires all inside of the chassis rather than behind the motherboard tray.
In the back the rear I/O shield went in easily and installing the video card is simple with the thumbscrews securing that. The PSU is a little snug fitting it in, but once screwed in, it is rock solid.
Since most of the PSU wiring is in the front, I bundled the wiring where I was given something to tie it to. All of the wiring is long enough to easily reach its connections, and since the panel lays over this instead of sliding on, the wires are no issue to the fit.
With the panels now back in place I spun the case around so that you could see just what sort of a view you have in the Evolution Galaxy. You get a full view of the CPU cooler and the right end of the video card. You can also see the alignment of the side fan corresponds well to keep the GPUs cool.
As I usually do, I wanted to take a step back and look at this build one last time before we add the power and see what happens.
When the chassis is powered up, the Turbine fans don't offer any LED lighting, so it is advantageous to get a cooler with LEDs if you want to see anything inside the chassis when it gets darker in the room.
What does come to life when the Evolution Galaxy gets power is the ring around the centralized power button, and the two lines on the fan control channel buttons. You also get the flicker of the tiny blue LED denoting the storage drives activity.
As I click on the A channel button to adjust the fan speeds, I find that the ring around the power button is now blinking green, and as I decreased the dial the ring gets dimmer. As I increase the dial the light then returns to its bright state as you see here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- CD Projekt RED opens new studio to work on Cyberpunk 2077
- Tencent to publish Ubisoft's biggest games in China
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Bizarre horror game Agony delayed
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit