Cougar Evolution Galaxy Full-Tower Chassis
On the front of Cougar's Evolution Galaxy the white exterior makes the design elements really stand forward, with thick sides adding an industrial style design surrounding the honeycomb design of the six removable covers, and the panel covering the intake fan at the bottom.
Just behind the front of the case as it rolls over the front and displays the Cougar name, you will find the front I/O panels. You get all the basics like audio jacks, USB 2.0 and 3.0, and the power and reset buttons, but you also get a dial fan controller with channel controls on either side of it. Just behind that you can also see a rubber pad behind the I/O with the Cougar logo on it.
That rubber pad is on the top of a door panel that swings down to allow you to slide a drive into the HDD dock. Behind the dock you find more of the honeycomb mesh over the top of the chassis to let optional fans breathe through the top of the Evolution.
The left side of the chassis offers a bumped out section that surrounds the placement of the large window in this chassis. To aid in cooling multiple video cards, this chassis offers a black grille and clip combo unit that will allow you to just clip a 120mm fan to the door.
Behind the chassis the top starts with a pair of knock-outs to allow for water cooling tubes if you plan to run an external loop. You then get the 120mm exhaust fan next to the rear I/O, the eight expansion slots, and the PSU mounts in the bottom.
The right side of the chassis is all white and offers only the bump-out in the panel to allow for extra wiring to be able to be packed in behind it. Another thing that lends to easy wire management is that these doors open from the back with the front of the panel "hinged" on the front of the chassis.
Under the chassis you will find that the plastic on the sides comes all the way down, and with the aid of four rubber pads applied to it, the sides then act to support the chassis, too. The power supply at the left and the optional 120mm fan mounting position are both protected from dust with the filter that removes out the back of the chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Neo Geo retro console possibly on the way
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY GLOBAL $14 ($12.36 after code)
- Nintendo R&D experimenting with new games hardware
- Halo 6 might hit 4K 60FPS
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit