Phanteks PH-TC90LS Low Profile CPU Cooler
Phanteks currently only offers these in white like you see here, and I'm not too sure if that will change. What you can see from this angle is that "plus shape" of the cooler I was talking about. This is due to the mounting being part of the base and the need to be able to run the screws through that area.
It is a bit tough to see with all the white on white in this image, but on this side, where the notches are in the base plate, there is the Phanteks name embossed in this fin.
From the side you can look through the arrangement of 38 thick aluminum fins. You can see how the bottoms are bent to make contact, and if you look closely in the gaps you can see tiny solder balls from when the attachment is made.
The way you are told to install the PH-TC90LS this is the top of it. I guess since it is unlikely that you will get a view of this side, there was no need to have their name on both sides of the cooler.
On this last side I angled the PH-TC90LS just a bit so that you could see the notches cut in the center 16 fins to allow a place for the wire fan mounting system to clip into the cooler to secure the fan.
Under the PH-TC90Ls, it seems that the contact area is a separate entity that is soldered to the blast that will also hold the hardware in place. I have to assume this is a cost savings measure, as soldering metal together is much cheaper than milling this base as one piece, even though a solid piece would transfer heat much better.
Continuing to complete the cooler, I got into the hardware box to grab the pair of anti-vibration strips so that they could be installed on the edge of the fins where the tabs support each other.
Then after a bit of fiddling with the fan mounting hardware, I was able to simple clip the sires into the sides of the PH-TC90LS. Now all I need to do is mount it to the motherboard and we can see how well it does.
Looking at the cooler from the top, you can see that even if the mounting was done another way, the fan would still not have covered the fins even if they had come all the way to the corners. The fan does a great job of covering the surface area provided, even if one of the smallest fans I have seen for a cooler.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Phanteks PH-TC90LS Low Profile CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SOMA's 'easy' Safe Mode finally makes its way to PS4
- Mega Man Collection coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Moss is coming this February on PSVR, new trailer released
- Biomutant has had a new gameplay teaser trailer released
- Samsung's new patent teases FLYING SCREEN for hovering video
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit