Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The low profile and compact nature of the PH-TC90Ls is expressed nicely with its 95mm square footprint, and the fact that without the fan, it stands only 27mm tall. The cooler consist of a very thick nickel plated copper base plate that has a raised section on it to make contact against the IHS of the CPU on the bottom. In the middle, between the plate and the fins, there are three 6mm heat pipes to help distribute the heat. On the top it has a "plus shaped" design of aluminum fins, 38 in total, with 12 of them being a bit shorter in width than the others. These fins stand straight up and are bent 90 degrees at the base so they could be soldered to the base plate and heat pipes. The fins are then interlocked for additional stability on the top, and offer a solid spot to add in the anti-vibration pads they send in the kit.
On top of the PH-TC90LS you have the option of running the included PH-F90 PWM Premium fan, and height allowing you to, I suggest you run with it. This fan is supported with an Updraft Floating Bearing to make the spin effortless and lengthen its lifespan. This 92mm fan is only 15mm tall and offers only a white ring where a typical fan frame should be. Spun on the bearing and somewhat protected by the ring, there is a white, nine bladed, sickle shaped hub that delivers the air flow. Speaking of, at 2500 RPM, this fan produces 28.67 CFM of airflow, 1.34mmH2O of pressure, and is rated at 26 dB(A) for the noise level while only drawing 3W of power. Combined, as I said, the height increases to 45mm in total, and the weight moves from 235 grams without it to 273 grams with it and the accompanying goodies are on it.
The PH-TC90LS is very fresh to the market. In fact, I was only able to locate one place in the States that is able to sell me this cooler. I found the listing over at Newegg for $34.99, and that isn't a bad deal at all. What makes it just that much sweeter is that currently the PH-TC90LS is shipping from there for free. Just with what we have covered so far, you can easily see how this cooler is made to fit a specific need, or Phanteks would have just made it much larger.
I think if you stick it out, you will be surprised like I am at the level of performance you actually do receive from this tiny cooler. The price just makes it that much easier to buy one.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Phanteks PH-TC90LS Low Profile CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit