The CNPS9900DF comes in a black box that the blue text really looks good on. That same blue is used in accent lines to attract the eye to the window allowing a view of the front fan and part of the fins. As for the rest of the panel they do mention twice that this is a dual fan cooler and I am pretty sure that is what the "DF" stands for.
Looking at the right side you can see the box is leaning a bit due to the hit to the lower right corner in transit. Aside from the dent, you get a large image of the CNPS9900DF with four smaller images showing off some of the features and accessories.
On the back of this box you get a list of eight features including things like it being high performance, mid-tower compatible, and that sexy black nickel coating. There is also a hole in the back that allows you to see the model number of the second fan on this cooler.
The left side of the box is mostly taken with an explanation of the composite heat pipes and why they were chosen. Under that will find a list of specifications for the technical information on the CNPS9900DF.
Opening the box you will find a cardboard insert that keeps the hardware that is now spilling out of the top from ever touching the cooler contained below.
Right out of the box you will find the CNPS9900DF inside of a form fitting clamshell packaging. This keeps the cooler centred in the box so that that dent we saw makes no difference to the cooler in any way. This layer of plastic is what makes the windows in the outer packaging as well.
I would have assumed that the clamshell would have been sufficient, but it seems Zalman went an extra step here. They also surround the fins in another layer of plastic to keep the cooler from even getting to the outer clamshell. I can tell you it works; this sample is in perfect condition.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Zalman CNPS9900DF CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path to Mnemosyne announced to debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit