The ROCCAT LUA is definitely a blast from the past. It has been quite a long time since I enjoyed any mouse without a back page button, and I don't mind using the LUA at all even without a major feature that I demand of mice that I purchase. What I found is that because of the smaller and much lighter nature of the LUA than most other mice offered, I didn't mind spanning across the screen for the arrows to move pages in my browser. That fact lends to some really long hours of gaming as well. It wasn't until I removed the LUA and went back to a heavier mouse that I felt the difference in my right arm slinging the much heavier mouse around my desk.
Consisting of only three basic clicks in the mouse, a scroll wheel that takes quite a bit of effort to spin to the next point makes weapons selecting very easy as you have to work really hard to blow throw three or four selections fast enough to overshoot what you are looking for, along with the DPI selector button gives you just enough to get used to this mouse in a few hours, even if I did spend the first day instinctively looking for a back button.
I also sort of wrote off this mouse at first when I read that it tops out at 2000 DPI, I guess I assumed I would be all over the place trying to shoot or look around in a map. Much to my surprise the Avago ADNS A3050 sensor inside is quite capable of finite precision at 250 DPI, but also didn't require me too much more effort at 2000 DPI to game or go from one side of the desktop to the other. I know this has more to do with the weight, but the feel of the mouse is also really good. Not being a fan of smaller mice, unless attached to my laptop, the LUA has really changed my perspective on what you can get in not only a smaller mouse, but one as affordable as this.
As for the Sense high precision mouse pad, not only does it look good, its super smooth to glide any mouse on, and made a perfect match for the LUA during testing. I did run the LUA on other mats, but I found none of what I owned has the feel of the Sense, nor is the gliding of the mouse so effortless. Typically I am not a fan of huge logos or bright colors on my gaming surfaces, but the chrome blue color used when matched with the logo on the LUA won me over, and even when not using the LUA mouse, I will be sure to keep this mouse pad around for years to come as it has been a long time since I enjoyed the surface under the mouse as much as the mouse I am testing. Good job on the Sense ROCCAT, you are really onto something good here.
I know up to this point I haven't mentioned the pricing on the chrome blue version of the Sense high precision mouse pad, so to rectify that, I was able to locate this in two locations. The EBay listing was much cheaper at $32 with shipping than the other at near $44 once shipping is included. It seems a bit on the pricy side, but the feel of this mat has to be tried to believe. As for the LUA 3-Button optical mouse, you still have a short wait, but with an MSRP of $29.99, how can you go wrong?
The combination of the LUA and Sense is a match made in effortless gaming heaven, and is something I strongly urge you to consider trying.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT LUA 3-button Optical Mouse]
- Page 5 [Inside the ROCCAT LUA]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [ROCCAT Sense High Precision Gaming Pad]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem is finalized and ready for shipment
- Crytek making new AAA online game
- Resident Evil 2 Remake launch imminent, NEW trailer release
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series