Inside the ROCCAT LUA
Once I removed the feet and pulled four screws I was able to remove the top of the LUA without any issue. The upper shell is a two piece design that uses the black plastic on the inside and the soft-touch coated plastic is clipped to it. ROCCAT also left a hole at the back for the LED lighting.
With the top out of the way you can see the majority of the components used in the LUA. The Avago sensor has a layer of foam on it, and I think it is due to the low height of the mouse, and this should absorb any contact the top half could make with the sensor.
The left click and right click buttons both use the Omron switches seen here. I took the image from this angle to allow you to see the specific version used.
For the scroll wheel click and the DPI selector button, less expensive TTC switches are used for those.
Removing the foam you can now see the Avago ADNS A3050 Pro 2 optical sensor used on the LUA. You can now also see the 16-bit chip above it that will be communicating with the PC during use.
To give the logo the pop ROCCAT was looking for, this large LED will glow with arctic blue light to give the ROCCAT logo on to plenty of light to make it clearly visible when powered.
With the LUA reassembled and now plugged in, you can see that the logo surely is bright and blue just as described.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT LUA 3-button Optical Mouse]
- Page 5 [Inside the ROCCAT LUA]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [ROCCAT Sense High Precision Gaming Pad]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Crytek making new AAA online game
- Resident Evil 2 Remake launch imminent, NEW trailer release
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series