ROCCAT LUA 3-Button Optical Mouse
Right out of the box you can see the simple design and layout of the LUA. You get to see all of the buttons, the ROCCAT name carved into the right click button, and the large logo gracing the back of the mouse.
The left side is a mix of the soft-touch coating at the top, an angled edge that makes the change between the soft-touch and the textured black side of the LUA.
At the back of the mouse there is the large ROCCAT logo that will come to life with LED light once powered, but for some reason I like the steeped design along the sides of the soft-touch part. They could have gone straight to the bottom, but these angles are a nice touch to go along with the angles on the sides of the buttons.
Since we are dealing with an ambidextrous design, it is only right that this side of the mouse should be a direct copy of the other side to make the feel identical for right hand or left hand usage.
At the front of the LUA that same angle found on the sides is run across the front of the right and left click buttons to allow for longer fingers to comfortably roll over the front edge of the LUA aiding in keeping a secure grip.
In between those buttons, next to the ROCCAT name in the mouse, you will locate the third button which is the scroll wheel click on the heavily segmented scroll where that give you accurate selections to the next click of the wheel. As for the smaller button just behind it, this is your on-the-fly DPI selector.
Under the LUA you get support from two large PTFE feet that go from side to side. The one at the front is much thinner as it doesn't take the weight of your hand. Since the mouse is flatter than most, the bulk of your weight is put on the back where the larger foot will ease the glide across any surface.
The 1.8 meters of cable are shipped tightly bound with the twist tie. As the wire comes around and terminates, you are given a ROCCAT shaped USB connector to make it easy to tell the device when it's plugged into the rear I/O.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT LUA 3-button Optical Mouse]
- Page 5 [Inside the ROCCAT LUA]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [ROCCAT Sense High Precision Gaming Pad]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz