With my use of the KB505U from AZiO it took me a while to get used to the super light actuation pressure needed for a keyboard that uses rubber dome switches. I was able to get used to the keyboard, and in that time I settled for the blue LED to backlight my night time usage of this board. For what it is, and as its name suggests, the Large Print 3 Color Backlit Keyboard, delivers on all aspects claimed by AZiO. The LEDs are bright and do a good job of illuminating your way around the keyboard. If your vision is slightly blurred from spirits or you tend to have to swap to the magnifying section of your bifocals, this is a solution that definitely takes the strain off your eyes while attempting to move around the keyboard. I still think that the secondary command keys off to the right should have full words, because lets be honest, if you need to really see your way around a keyboard, it's likely you don't use those keys regularly and may not know what PU and PD means or what NL does.
Everything the board claims to be it is, but for those looking for NKRO or any sort of software support for Macros and such, this is not the keyboard for you. This is more a factory replacement board that would make it easy for your kids to use or a perfect gift idea for your tech buddies that you tend to watch moving their glasses so that they can see the typical tiny printing usually used on key caps. Sticking with the basics allows AZiO to be able to give you a keyboard with full sized keys, LED backlighting, all in an attractive looking frame. Even if the large print on the keyboard isn't a must for you now, I can say when you do come home with blurry vision, you can troll all your friends on Facebook with confidence that you are at least able to see what you are trying to convey.
AZiO could have simply went with this same design and just painted the key caps a day glow yellow like the keyboards found on late night infomercials, and still been able to charge $25 a board, and seeing one of those in real life will almost want to make you vomit as your eyes try to adjust to that color on all of the keys. Instead they took the basic rubber dome keyboard, increased the font size of the key caps, and illuminated the keyboard with LEDs instead. Also leaving the keyboard as a plug and play device with no drivers or software needed, AZiO is still able to deliver us a much better thought out way to reduce eye strain, and make night time use of the keyboard just as easy with the three optional colors.
What makes the deal so sweet is even with the additional perks of the KB505U Large Print 3 Color backlit keyboard is only going to cost you under $34 to find out if you like it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [AZiO KB505U Large Print 3 Color Backlit Keyboard]
- Page 5 [AZiO KB505U Keyboard Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions