CM Storm Recon Optical Gaming Mouse
Getting right into it, and now looking at the left side of the Recon, you now see the textured gunmetal grey side with the forward and back buttons positioned high for easy access. You do get a hint of the styling lines at the top, but you definitely notice the contrast between the side piece and the rubberized mid section of the Recon.
The heel of the mouse or where your palm will rest for most users, there is a flattened top and a wide base to give proper support to your wrist without any funny points on the top to dig into your palm when used for long gaming sessions. You can also see the white CM Storm logo added here.
Since the Recon is an ambidextrous design, the right side matches exactly to the left. No matter if right or left hander, the buttons that would be accessed by fingers rather than the thumb can have their functionality reprogrammed via the software.
The front of the mouse protrudes on both sides of the USB cable. This is for looks as the main design, but it will also keep accidental drops from ripping the cord out of the front of the mouse. The scroll wheel in the middle is rubberized, has plastic sections that illuminate, and needs a bit of force to activate the next point on the wheel for accurate switches in weaponry.
The top of the Recon, between the right and left click buttons, you will find more of the textured gunmetal grey painted plastic with a pair of buttons inset there. These are your on-the-fly DPI buttons to get the exact feel you need at the right time with the push of a button.
The USB cable used with the Recon is a plasticized rubber coated cable that is 1.8 meters on total length from the gold plated UBS connection, through the ferrite choke, all the way to the front of the Recon.
Under the Recon you are given three "Ultra Swift" mouse feet which look like the same PTFE used by many manufacturers. There is a larger one at the front to take the brunt of the sliding force, while the two on the back will also support the weight of your wrist while gliding smoothly. Smack right in the middle you find the Storm Tactical Sensor 4000 DPI written around the eye of the Avago sensor.
In the last image, the plug between the two feet in the rear of the Recon can be removed to allow the removal of this single screw that will allow for the opening of the Recon. Unless you plan to mod something, voiding your warranty, or dunked your Recon in a glass of beer, you really shouldn't be opening them.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CM Storm Recon Optical Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Inside the CM Storm Recon]
- Page 6 [Documentation]
- Page 7 [CM Storm Speed-RX L Gaming Mouse Pad]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - Biggest Civ Expansion yet
- Marvel's Spider-Man: 'Turf Wars' DLC released, new trailer
- Amazon Japan has $650+ Smash UItimate Amiibo set available
- Warframe makes its way to the Nintendo Switch, available now
- Overview trailer released for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- The computer always restarts
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6