EPoX has always been on the cutting edge since its daring first come KX133 boards. Since then, this smaller Taiwanese motherboard company has put out miracle after miracle. EPoX has been rated as one of, if not the best supplier of AMD Athlon boards. The 8RDA3+ series was a huge hit with hobbyists and overclockers with its impressive scores and great overclocking possibilities.
While we would like to say that they have done it again, compared to some very other competitive boards out there, EPoX just seems to fall a bit behind the 8-ball with their 4PCA3+. Memory performance was below what we would have expected for the i875P board, even with PAT enabled, and it was unable to match the top contenders in the field.
Overclocking options were unfortunately very slack. Only a max of 1.6v on the CPU core voltage from a company that normally pushes the envelope of overclocking boards really put a sour taste in the mouths of enthusiasts. You will be pleased to know that DIMM voltage is in abundance up to 3.3v.
In all, the addition of the onboard RAID controller is slightly overkill. While very nice to have the possibility of eight IDE HDD's, honestly, who has that many in a RAID array out there in overclockers land? Rather than eight IDE we would have liked to see two more Serial ATA ports to accommodate upcoming Serial ATA drives as the more SATA ports, the better today.
Quad Channel IDE RAID
Option for up to 3.3v for DIMM voltage
Not enough CPU voltage option
Slower than most I875P boards
No additional SATA ports
Rating - 7.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam