EPoX has always been on the cutting edge since its daring first come KX133 boards. Since then, this smaller Taiwanese motherboard company has put out miracle after miracle. EPoX has been rated as one of, if not the best supplier of AMD Athlon boards. The 8RDA3+ series was a huge hit with hobbyists and overclockers with its impressive scores and great overclocking possibilities.
While we would like to say that they have done it again, compared to some very other competitive boards out there, EPoX just seems to fall a bit behind the 8-ball with their 4PCA3+. Memory performance was below what we would have expected for the i875P board, even with PAT enabled, and it was unable to match the top contenders in the field.
Overclocking options were unfortunately very slack. Only a max of 1.6v on the CPU core voltage from a company that normally pushes the envelope of overclocking boards really put a sour taste in the mouths of enthusiasts. You will be pleased to know that DIMM voltage is in abundance up to 3.3v.
In all, the addition of the onboard RAID controller is slightly overkill. While very nice to have the possibility of eight IDE HDD's, honestly, who has that many in a RAID array out there in overclockers land? Rather than eight IDE we would have liked to see two more Serial ATA ports to accommodate upcoming Serial ATA drives as the more SATA ports, the better today.
Quad Channel IDE RAID
Option for up to 3.3v for DIMM voltage
Not enough CPU voltage option
Slower than most I875P boards
No additional SATA ports
Rating - 7.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit