Intel's release of the i875P chipset was to revolutionize the Intel Pentium 4 processors, both past and present. This it did, incorporating the first official DDR-400 Dual Channel Memory controller into the Intel Pentium 4 chipset, it gave a peak bandwidth of 6.4GB/s memory transfer. This allowed for a faster FSB of 800MHz and keeping the bandwidth between the CPU and memory running at identical speeds. Adding Serial ATA with RAID options to the Southbridge before VIA, SiS or nVidia had their designs on paper Intel took the Pentium 4 to the highest level, knocking down any chance the AMD Athlon XP 3200+ had of being a serious contender for over 3GHz operations.
While the i875P was revolutionary from Intel, it's also an expensive solution. Thus came the i865 series chipset, supporting 99% of the features of the i875P, it soon became apparent the i875P would never be as popular as the i865 chipset due to its identical performance and cheaper prices.
While most companies have moved away from Canterwood mass productions due to costs, EPoX has added another board to its Intel Pentium 4 portfolio. Today we take a look at their latest addition to the group, the i875P powered 4PCA3+.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit