Intel's release of the i875P chipset was to revolutionize the Intel Pentium 4 processors, both past and present. This it did, incorporating the first official DDR-400 Dual Channel Memory controller into the Intel Pentium 4 chipset, it gave a peak bandwidth of 6.4GB/s memory transfer. This allowed for a faster FSB of 800MHz and keeping the bandwidth between the CPU and memory running at identical speeds. Adding Serial ATA with RAID options to the Southbridge before VIA, SiS or nVidia had their designs on paper Intel took the Pentium 4 to the highest level, knocking down any chance the AMD Athlon XP 3200+ had of being a serious contender for over 3GHz operations.
While the i875P was revolutionary from Intel, it's also an expensive solution. Thus came the i865 series chipset, supporting 99% of the features of the i875P, it soon became apparent the i875P would never be as popular as the i865 chipset due to its identical performance and cheaper prices.
While most companies have moved away from Canterwood mass productions due to costs, EPoX has added another board to its Intel Pentium 4 portfolio. Today we take a look at their latest addition to the group, the i875P powered 4PCA3+.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco: Epic Store exclusivity isn't our vision
- El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie announced, drops October 11 on Netflix
- The best destruction physics in a game EVER, also features ray tracing
- NASA investigating first SPACE CRIME, as astronaut is naughty on ISS
- GTA 5 yanked from NVIDIA's GeForce Now streaming service
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best