Power Consumption Test
Using our PROVA Power Analyzer WM-01 or "Power Thingy" as it has become quickly known as to our readers, we are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; it tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into AC wall socket).
There are a few important notes to remember though; while our maximum power is taken in 3DMark06 at the same exact point, we have seen in particular tests the power being drawn as much as 10% more. We test at the exact same stage every time; therefore tests should be very consistent and accurate.
The other thing to remember is that our test system is bare minimum - only a SSD hard drive is used with a single CD ROM and minimal cooling fans.
So while the system might draw 400 watts in our test system, placing it into your own PC with a number of other items, the draw is going to be higher.
Power draw numbers sit at a similar level to the GTX 650 in both idle and load departments coming in at around that mid 300 Watt mark.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PS5 won't launch with a new PSVR headset
- Gaming addiction officially classified as a disease
- AMD's mid-range 6C/12T Zen 2 chip could beat Ryzen 7 2700X
- COLORFUL teases its insane iGame GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KUDAN
- NVIDIA teases GeForce RTX 3080, 4080, and 5080 to hurt Navi?
- Layers of Fear 2 Review: Lynchian Horror at its Finest
- SanDisk Extreme 1TB microSD Review
- Problems with ryzen 5 2400g and ASRock B450M-HLD R4.0
- Freesync not working on monitor?
- Type SanDisk Extreme 1TB microSD Review
- Aussie Indie Studio Melt Games Releases Endless Adventures In Mount Frosty
- Final Fantasy XIV Online Surpasses 16 Million Players Worldwide
- Cambridge Mobile Telematics Releases Data on Driving Behaviors around Memorial Day Weekend
- Bust a Move and Break a Sweat 'Wave Circles' is Now Available on Steam
- Futuristic Co-op Action RPG Killsquad Coming to Early Access on Steam this Summer