Moving onto the card we can see looking straight on there's nothing too interesting going on as we've seen this cooler design before when we had a chance to look at the MSI HD 7770 Power Edition earlier in the year. We'll take the chance to look at it again now to see just exactly what the extra fan offers us in terms of configurations.
Starting at the top you can see the out of the box single fan configuration which isn't a huge surprise. Outside of the out of the box setup you can add the second fan straight on top which MSI call Double Airflow mode and it increases the air pressure to enhance heat dissipation. The final option is the Dual Fan mode which is made by sliding the cooler out and adding it to the left side. This setup provides a bigger area of dissipation and cools the PWM module and memory more efficiently.
Taking a quick spin around you can see that power comes in the form of a single 6-pin PCIe power connector. Just around the corner you can see we've got another connector which is used to power the second fan if you choose to use it. What we don't have is a SLI connector at the front of the card, as it's not an option on this model from NVIDIA.
Finally we finish with the I/O side of things which consists of a Dual-Link DVI-D, Dual-Link DVI-I and a Mini HDMI connector. If your monitor doesn't offer Mini HDMI we have got a convertor in the bundle as we showed on the last page.
Today we're of course looking at an OC version of the GTX 650 which isn't a huge surprise since we're dealing with a Power Edition version of the model. Before we look at what MSI is offering us, though, let's quickly cover the reference clocks.
A reference clocked GTX 650 comes with a 1058MHz core while the 1GB of GDDR5 comes in at 5000MHz QDR. Alongside the clocks other key information includes the 384 Shaders that are present and the 128-bit memory bus that is utilized on the 1GB of GDDR5.
Today, though, we're dealing with an overclocked model from MSI and looking above you can see they've boosted the core to 1124MHz. As for the 1GB of GDDR5 you can see that hasn't been changed and comes in with that same 5000MHz QDR clock. It's not a huge overclock by any means and we don't have results from a reference clocked card so we won't know exactly what kind of boost the clocks give us over a reference based card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ