The Board - Continued
Skipping over to the memory slots shows us that it will handle up to three sticks of your favorite DDR loving modules. It can support modules up to DDR400, so you should have no problems in nearly any type of memory you choose.
Oh, if you're recalling that conditional comment from the specifications page regarding the DDR400 memory support, here is what the folks at Soltek state:
DDR 400 module should be compliant with the official DDR 400 memory module specifications.Basically, as long as you're using real DDR400 modules and not some overclocked pieces, you will be all right. Now this isn't to say that your DDR333 modules won't run just fine, but it isn't officially supported by the board. You've been warned.
Now I've seen a lot of USB devices in use at one time, but to have a need for eight ports? But needed or not, you'll have the ability to use pretty much anything USB and never worry about running out of ports. And better yet, all eight ports are USB 2.0 compliant. Just make sure that if you're using Windows XP that you install the SP1 before trying to load up the USB 2.0 drivers. This will save you massive headaches since you won't be sitting there troubleshooting the system when USB 2.0 doesn't take.
For those who are getting into the internal smart card readers, there is now an AMD based motherboard that will support it natively. Just plug it in and you're set.
All of your IDE needs are in one centralized locale. You'll find your FDD connection, your two IDE ribbon connectors and also your two SATA connections all sitting next to each other. The IDE ports are standard fare in that they will handle two devices each and support speeds up to ATA133. The SATA ports will allow you to connect a single device to each port for a total of two more drives. You could be sitting with an outright abundance of storage space without working too hard with a setup like this.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- SL-KT600-R - Page 1 [Introduction]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 2 [Specifications]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 3 [Contents]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 4 [The Board]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 5 [The Board - Continued]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 6 [The Board - Continued]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 7 [Installation Notes]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 8 [Test Setup & SiSoft Sandra]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 16 [Overclocking]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 17 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit