The Board - Continued
Skipping over to the memory slots shows us that it will handle up to three sticks of your favorite DDR loving modules. It can support modules up to DDR400, so you should have no problems in nearly any type of memory you choose.
Oh, if you're recalling that conditional comment from the specifications page regarding the DDR400 memory support, here is what the folks at Soltek state:
DDR 400 module should be compliant with the official DDR 400 memory module specifications.Basically, as long as you're using real DDR400 modules and not some overclocked pieces, you will be all right. Now this isn't to say that your DDR333 modules won't run just fine, but it isn't officially supported by the board. You've been warned.
Now I've seen a lot of USB devices in use at one time, but to have a need for eight ports? But needed or not, you'll have the ability to use pretty much anything USB and never worry about running out of ports. And better yet, all eight ports are USB 2.0 compliant. Just make sure that if you're using Windows XP that you install the SP1 before trying to load up the USB 2.0 drivers. This will save you massive headaches since you won't be sitting there troubleshooting the system when USB 2.0 doesn't take.
For those who are getting into the internal smart card readers, there is now an AMD based motherboard that will support it natively. Just plug it in and you're set.
All of your IDE needs are in one centralized locale. You'll find your FDD connection, your two IDE ribbon connectors and also your two SATA connections all sitting next to each other. The IDE ports are standard fare in that they will handle two devices each and support speeds up to ATA133. The SATA ports will allow you to connect a single device to each port for a total of two more drives. You could be sitting with an outright abundance of storage space without working too hard with a setup like this.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- SL-KT600-R - Page 1 [Introduction]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 2 [Specifications]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 3 [Contents]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 4 [The Board]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 5 [The Board - Continued]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 6 [The Board - Continued]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 7 [Installation Notes]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 8 [Test Setup & SiSoft Sandra]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 16 [Overclocking]
- SL-KT600-R - Page 17 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom ships 4 million copies of Resident Evil 7
- Petroglyph Games announce new RTS- Forged Battalion
- Seagate announce its new Enterprise Datasphere Fleet
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 gameplay trailer released
- NZXT introduce the GRID+ V3 fan controller
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz