Installation and Finished Product
Installing the HE01 on my Z68 motherboard, you have to slide in the bolts through the back of the universal back plate, and slide it all in through the holes of the motherboard. Also be sure to align it right with the socket screws as seen here.
The orientation is wrong for the top brackets, I realized later when I tried to install the cooler, but you get the idea. All you do to secure the top hardware to the back plate is add the spacers over the screws, then the top brackets, and use the nuts to lock it all in place.
After I had my "facepalm" moment trying a dry fit to the motherboard, I promptly swapped the brackets around and added a bit of TIM to see how the spread pattern is.
It was at this point I noticed alignment arrows on the brackets. With most coolers you are left going back to the manual for the orientation of these brackets, the handy little arrows on them makes it simple to figure out how to install them.
With the cooler fully mounted and taking a big step back, you can see how monstrous this cooler is, when designed correctly, can still leave you quite a bit of access around it to the components and connections on the motherboard.
There definitely aren't any issues with the HE01 hanging down too far and causing issues with the card in the top slot of my motherboard.
Like I mentioned earlier, the HE01 in its stock configuration with only the single 140mm fan leaves me free to populate all four of my memory slots with as tall of spreaders as I want to install, the HE01 is well out of the way for that.
In this last image I wanted to get a better angle of the whole cooler in the image, but I can also show off the room between the heat sinks around the socket and the cooler, as well as it not covering over the 8-pin EPS connection at the right of the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone SST-HE01 Twin Tower CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rime on the Nintendo has been fixed, looks decent now
- Onrush launches on the 5th of June, new trailer released
- Nintendo Switch exclusive Castle of Heart gets new trailer
- The Station released today, new launch trailer is also live
- Rocket League goes comic book, new DC Super Heroes DLC pack
- Seagate DJI Fly Drive 2TB Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit