Installation and Finished Product
Installing the HE01 on my Z68 motherboard, you have to slide in the bolts through the back of the universal back plate, and slide it all in through the holes of the motherboard. Also be sure to align it right with the socket screws as seen here.
The orientation is wrong for the top brackets, I realized later when I tried to install the cooler, but you get the idea. All you do to secure the top hardware to the back plate is add the spacers over the screws, then the top brackets, and use the nuts to lock it all in place.
After I had my "facepalm" moment trying a dry fit to the motherboard, I promptly swapped the brackets around and added a bit of TIM to see how the spread pattern is.
It was at this point I noticed alignment arrows on the brackets. With most coolers you are left going back to the manual for the orientation of these brackets, the handy little arrows on them makes it simple to figure out how to install them.
With the cooler fully mounted and taking a big step back, you can see how monstrous this cooler is, when designed correctly, can still leave you quite a bit of access around it to the components and connections on the motherboard.
There definitely aren't any issues with the HE01 hanging down too far and causing issues with the card in the top slot of my motherboard.
Like I mentioned earlier, the HE01 in its stock configuration with only the single 140mm fan leaves me free to populate all four of my memory slots with as tall of spreaders as I want to install, the HE01 is well out of the way for that.
In this last image I wanted to get a better angle of the whole cooler in the image, but I can also show off the room between the heat sinks around the socket and the cooler, as well as it not covering over the 8-pin EPS connection at the right of the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone SST-HE01 Twin Tower CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 receives first major patch
- NVIDIA goes all-in with AI for the 'goodness of mankind'
- NVIDIA GeForce 385.69 WHQL drivers released
- AOC release their curved AG322QCX QHD 144Hz monitor
- Battlegrounds hits 1.5 million concurrent users
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card