Test System Setup and Comments
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz "C" (Supplied by Altech Computers)
Video card(s): PowerColor Radeon 9800 Pro (Supplied by Altech Computers)
Memory: 2 X 256 Corsair XMS PC3200 (Supplied by Altech Computers)
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 80GB 7200RPM
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers Used: Catalyst 3.4
Software Used: SiSoft Sandra MAX 3, 3DMark 03, 3DMark 01, Comanche 4, Unreal Tournament 2003, Quake 3, PCMark 2002, Code Creatures and Jedi Knight 2
Like the last few of our motherboard reviews, we have opted to go with a large range of benchmarks being tested in multiple resolutions.
While a lot of people won't play at 640 X 480, we choose to run benchmarks at this resolution because it relies more on your processors and motherboard chipset eliminating any AGP bus bottlenecks.
While these benchmarks are handy to show raw processor and chipset performance, gamers today will not be gaming in this resolution. In response, we test at resolutions of 1280 X 1024 and 1600 X 1200 to give people an idea of real world performance.
SiSoft Sandra Max 3
SiSoft Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) Max 3 is a synthetic windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
Due to the inclusion of PAT we see that the Canterwood motherboard from ABIT wins in the first of our benchmarks.
Just like the previous benchmark, due to it being a memory only test, the Canterwood wins again.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 3 [Features]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 5 [Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 14 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard