As expected, the Soltek motherboard was slower than the Canterwood but this was due to the implementation of PAT on the ABIT motherboard. When it comes to real world gaming, the difference was quite small and the Springdale motherboard on offer from Soltek is going to be a lot more desirable for people due to its lower costing. While the package isn't anything fantastic and it's the same box from motherboard to motherboard, it's the little things like this that help keep the price down on the product for the consumer.
The Soltek SL-86SPE-L comes with your normal run-of-the-mill overclocking features which are going to satisfy the average overclocker. One of the only let downs, which it is unfortunately seen on a lot of motherboard, is the option to only select up to 2.8V on the memory voltage. This overall makes it harder to get the most out of your memory sometimes as a lot of memories these days do not have a problem running at 2.9V. The extra .1V gives you the head room you need to get the most out of your memory and processor FSB.
This motherboard is aimed at people who want to spend less money, priced at a very competitive $105 US (compared to $110 US on the ABIT IS7 and $125 US on the ABIT IC7); we see that it's an excellent choice value for money. Overall we have a good motherboard for people who want to join the Springdale bandwagon as cheaply as possible and who don't have the extra dollars to spend on a motherboard with PAT which we have seen here today does not make much of a real world performance difference in many of today's games.
Excellent value for money
Great silver PCB
Many overclocking features
Lack of CSA
Single color memory slots
Rating - 8 / 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 3 [Features]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 5 [Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- Soltek SL-86SPE-L - Page 14 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- JUMP FORCE leaks images of Dragon Quest and JoJo Characters
- Steam discounts Mortal Kombat franchise, up to 75% off
- Anthem head compares finished game details to upcoming demo
- Resident Evil 2 Remake 'one-shot demo' hits 2m players
- The Backside Line Does Keto Infinite Accel Forskolin Work?
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019