At the Desktop Level
After a bit of loading time and getting the OS to allow you to see the desktop, this is what you see. Giada does some product placement even on the desktop with the grey stripes and the pink Giada name. Now let's start to verify what we have under the hood.
First thing I used to see what we have is to look at the Windows information screen. This tells us we are running 32-bit Windows 7 Home Premium. It also shows the i5 3370U at 1.7GHz, 4GB of memory, and with the key pre-loaded into the machine, we are in fact genuine on the first boot with internet access.
I also wanted to look in the device manager to see if all the drivers are in correctly, so that I don't have anything not working. You can also verify BT, the HDD, GPU, CPU, Chipset, wireless card, and the audio chip used if you don't want to peel it open as I did.
I also used CPU-Z to see if the processor was running correctly, and at what sort of voltage. You can also see the memory timings, the motherboard information, and what little is there in the HD 4000 graphics processor.
Looking at what Giada does to the 500GB Hitachi drive, you can see the two small partitions at the front of the drive to short stroke it for better performance. This means the heads move much less across the platter upping seek performance as well as adding a bit of speed. It's nothing close to SSD performance, though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Giada i53 Mini PC]
- Page 5 [Inside the Giada i53 Mini PC]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [At the Desktop Level]
- Page 8 [Thermal Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series