Transcend SSD720 256GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the actual drive. Transcend uses a case design that we haven't see used before.
There isn't too much different about this case on the surface, but it is sturdy, an attribute that's started to get overlooked in the 7mm z-height products.
Although this is a 7mm drive, all of the mounting points line up with 9.5mm drives so you won't have a problem installing the SSD720 in your existing notebook or desktop (with the included desktop adapter bracket).
The included bracket offsets the drive so your SATA power and data cables are close to the same location as your 3.5" form factor drives. This is important if you have a number of drives and a power supply that has stiff cables. The offset makes your cable management easier.
Inside we found a LSI SandForce SF-2281 controller and sixteen SanDisk 24nm Toggle Model NAND Flash ICs.
There are eight flash chips on each side of the PCB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo discuss Metroid Prime 4/Yoshi/Pokemon progression
- Total War dev Creative Assembly working on tactical FPS
- NVIDIA Tensor Core GPUs power 5 out of 7 best supercomputers
- INSOMNIA: The Ark developers announce new jazzy soundtrack
- Forza Horizon 4 car list leaked, 90GB of pre-load available
- Swann NVR-8580 8-Channel 4K Security System Review
- اعطال صيانه تكييفات امريكول (01014723434) اصلاح امري
- GA-Z68AP-D3 rev 1.0, unable to access BIOS or load Win10
- Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- AMD Vega 56 not being detected by Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit