Motherboard Features Continued
- Intel's Canterwood - The face behind the passive cooler
As we have previously stated, this motherboard is powered by Intel's Canterwood chipset. Just recently we had a look at VIA's new PT800 chipset using only Single Channel DDR and discovered that while Dual Channel does give a performance jump its not huge. The Canterwood chipset also carries over the usual features including AGP 8X, support for 533/800MHz Pentium 4 processors as well as Hyper Threading and the whole shebang.
- Gigabit Networking
Since the release of Gigabit networking from the larger motherboard manufacturers, it has quickly become a trend with a lot of other motherboard manufacturers to start including it. Like a lot of other motherboards based on the I875, you will find that they choose to use Intel's new CSA (Communications System Architecture) technology. While Gigabit networking isn't a big thing at the moment you will find that people/companies upgrading their current networking setup will move to it as it will give greater performance. As it becomes larger and wider spread prices will drop and within years it will become quite common amongst most PC users.
- Onboard Audio
Onboard audio is powered by the C-Media CMI9739A AC 97 codec. While this isn't the best in onboard audio technology, it is quite good for the average person who uses cheap speakers or headphones. The chipset does have support for 5.1 surround sound but if you are fortunate enough to have a 5.1 setup, the chances are you have also chosen to purchase a separate PCI card that will produce greater clarity.
- IDE Raid
Something that we don't see much of on newer boards these days is the inclusion of Parallel ATA RAID. DFI has chosen to use the Highpoint HPT327 controller giving users the operation to use RAID 0, 1 or 0 + 1. With the four IDE connections and the two Serial ATA ports, a total of 10 devices can be attached to your computer. This is definitely going to be very helpful for people who have a large number of hard drives or multiple CD-ROMs.
We have to ask though, where is our Serial ATA RAID, DFI?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 3 [Retail Package]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 4 [Motherboard Features]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 5 [Motherboard Features Continued]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 6 [Test Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- DFI LANPARTY Pro 875 - Page 15 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ion Maiden delayed to 2019
- Hello Games on No Man's Sky launch: we shared too much info
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit