Over the past 2 years, ATI has been the underdog when it has comes to the 3D scene. While having fast products at a reasonable price, ATI were never able to take out the top spot. This all changed, however, when ATI first released a brief on the R300 core.
From this point, speculation and rumors kept the new R300 hype to the limit. On release of the R300 core, named the Radeon 9700 Pro, ATI had an instant 3D monster. ATI's Radeon 9700 from the start was able to kill the Geforce4 video cards. While having an issue with AGP 8x in the first series, ATI refined the core and fixed the teething errors that usually come with first line products.
ATI's R300 core was revolutionized to be the best of the best. Designed on a 0.15um die for fastest clock speeds, along with the new FC-BGA connection for reduced heat, ATI set out to take the top 3D crown away from nVidia, which has been accomplished. ATI's push towards improvements of its drivers and optimizations has put them towards the top of the line, and so far, ATI hasn't faltered.
With nVidia pushing towards the NV3x GPU, ATI needed to move itself up on the ladder, and the R350 core was ATI's ticket to moving higher up the 3D chain. The R350 specs that were released to the market showed an impressive change in core speeds, memory size and added features for a greater and smoother performance.
Today we take a look at one of the newest cards to hit the market supporting the new Radeon 9800 Pro chip based on the R350 architecture.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit