Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz "C" (Supplied by Altech Computers)
Video card(s): PowerColor Radeon 9800 Pro (Supplied by Altech Computers)
Memory: 1 X 512MB Corsair XMS 3700 (PT800) and 2 X 256 Corsair XMS PC3200 (I865 & I875) @ DDR-400
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 80GB 7200RPM
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers Used: Catalyst 3.4, VIA Hyperion 4 in 1 4.48
Software Used: SiSoft Sandra MAX 3, 3DMark 03, 3DMark 01, Comanche 4, Unreal Tournament 2003, Quake 3, PC Mark 2002, Code Creatures and Jedi Knight 2
Test Setup Comments
Since the new PT800 chipset is optimized for one single DIMM, we choose to use 1 X 3700 Corsair memory module which was ran with memory timings of 2-3-2-5 at DDR-400. Being a reference motherboard, we didn't have the ability to adjust memory voltage and this was the maximum timings we could achieve at default voltage, of course memory voltage adjustments will be incorporated into final retail motherboards which will allow for higher timings.
We choose to include the new VIA Arena Outpost map on Jedi Knight 2 which is very CPU intensive and perfect for our testing today. Additionally we choose to run a lot of the benchmarks at 640 X 480 as at this resolution the chipset is tested more so than the video card, removing the bottleneck of the AGP bus. Finally we included some higher resolution benchmarks as this is what people will more likely use when it comes to gaming.
SiSoft Sandra Max 3
SiSoft Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) Max 3 is a synthetic windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
As expected we see that the Dual Channel motherboards pull ahead from VIA's new PT800. Some people may notice that the score on the PT800 is at the 3100MB/s mark and considering the maximum bandwidth is 3200MB/s, VIA's single channel system is optimized almost perfectly for one stick of memory.
Again the PT800 is behind but being a synthetic test we won't see how this will affect real world performance until later on.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:25 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 1 [Introduction]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 2 [Pentium 4's newest companion and Key Features]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 3 [PT800 / VT8237 in Detail]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 4 [V RAID - Windows Tool Software]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 5 [V RAID - SATA RAID Comparison]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 6 [Reference PT800 Photos]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 7 [Test Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 16 [Conclusion]