iOS 6 is a great update, to an already great OS. Is it king of the hill? Well, that's a personal choice, and something that comes from you - the user. I think iOS 6 has done some things very right, and Apple are very, very careful of doing any changes to the OS - such as overhauling its now ageing user interface.
But, any updates to the UI, and it would most likely begin fragmenting their user base, and have people throwing up their arms in protest. You know, the same way people do when Facebook intros a new layout - but eventually, people get used to it.
Apple have stepped iOS 6 up a notch by adding in pure social networking directly into the operating system, which really is a stroke of genius - but it was a one step forward, two steps backward with the Maps debacle. What was Apple thinking? They hate Google that much, that they still allow apps such as YouTube on their devices, but throw Google Maps away? iDiots.
Apple has pushed out iOS 6 as more of an evolution of the mobile OS, and not a revolution - but competition is firing up. Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is a formidable competitor now, and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, in my opinion, eclipses iOS 6 enough to stay ahead. Whoa - did you see that? Oh, it was just an axe flying over my head - better watch out with the iOS is not as great as Android comments.
iOS isn't bad, but it still has the same issue of pushing control, and restriction on the user. No third-party keyboards, no changes to the UI - this makes it feel like the original iteration of iOS, just much better. I want something new, something fresh - something that makes me stand back and say 'WOW - now that's something I did not expect - that is truly awesome', but iOS 6 doesn't make you say that.
An evolution of an already impressive OS is great, too - so if you're an iOS user, you're going to find iOS 6 not much different - but that's not so much of a bad thing if you enjoy iOS 5.
I think iOS is well overdue for a new update, and I really expected the debut of a "built-from-the-ground-up" iPhone 5 would've been the perfect time, but obviously not. iPhone 5S with iOS 7, perhaps?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media