iOS 6 is a great update, to an already great OS. Is it king of the hill? Well, that's a personal choice, and something that comes from you - the user. I think iOS 6 has done some things very right, and Apple are very, very careful of doing any changes to the OS - such as overhauling its now ageing user interface.
But, any updates to the UI, and it would most likely begin fragmenting their user base, and have people throwing up their arms in protest. You know, the same way people do when Facebook intros a new layout - but eventually, people get used to it.
Apple have stepped iOS 6 up a notch by adding in pure social networking directly into the operating system, which really is a stroke of genius - but it was a one step forward, two steps backward with the Maps debacle. What was Apple thinking? They hate Google that much, that they still allow apps such as YouTube on their devices, but throw Google Maps away? iDiots.
Apple has pushed out iOS 6 as more of an evolution of the mobile OS, and not a revolution - but competition is firing up. Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is a formidable competitor now, and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, in my opinion, eclipses iOS 6 enough to stay ahead. Whoa - did you see that? Oh, it was just an axe flying over my head - better watch out with the iOS is not as great as Android comments.
iOS isn't bad, but it still has the same issue of pushing control, and restriction on the user. No third-party keyboards, no changes to the UI - this makes it feel like the original iteration of iOS, just much better. I want something new, something fresh - something that makes me stand back and say 'WOW - now that's something I did not expect - that is truly awesome', but iOS 6 doesn't make you say that.
An evolution of an already impressive OS is great, too - so if you're an iOS user, you're going to find iOS 6 not much different - but that's not so much of a bad thing if you enjoy iOS 5.
I think iOS is well overdue for a new update, and I really expected the debut of a "built-from-the-ground-up" iPhone 5 would've been the perfect time, but obviously not. iPhone 5S with iOS 7, perhaps?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Core i9-7980XE benched: super-fast, but costs $1999
- Custom Radeon RX Vega cards not coming until November
- Oclean One: the world's smartest electric toothbrush
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower