Getting into the BIOS you can see that we've got a new design which looks absolutely awesome. What I love, though, is that when you get into the BIOS the default page is the OC Tweaker one. We did just go back to the "Main" page to start taking screenshots. You can see, though, you can set what you want the first page to be on entry and as you can see by default it is the "OC Tweaker" one.
Getting into the "OC Tweaker" section the Nick Shih's OC Profile section I absolutely love. Clicking the profile you're given a bunch of preset speeds that range all the way up to over 5GHz for LN2 overclockers. We'll talk a bit more about how we went with it in the next page, but what I love about this is you can go to a certain speed; say 4.7GHz and it sets all the voltages up and so froth that you need to reach that overclocked speed. What it does is then gives you this really good starting point, from there you can then tweak the voltages a bit more, the BCLK and other sections like that to find a strong overclock. Obviously Nick and other ASRock engineers have spent many hours figuring all of this out for you.
This is something I wish more companies offered and the only other company we've seen really do it is ASUS who had "Gamer Profiles" and that which would boost your CPU speed. It's clear going through the "OC Tweaker" section of the BIOS, though, that Nick has built this board for overclocking, and it really shows.
As we move further through the "OC Tweaker" section you see a huge line up of options with a massive focus on voltages. You can tweak just so many areas on the board that it comes as no surprise to us that Nick was able to break the world record with the 3770K.
As we move through the rest of the BIOS we don't see anything that's too out of the ordinary. The H/W Monitor section has an absolute load of temperature points, as you can see 10 points around the motherboard, but apart from that everything else is fairly standard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arc System Works and SWERY announce new title 'The Missing'
- Monster Hunter: World updated for Xbox One, patch 1.06
- Everything you need for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
- Sea of Thieves will have larger map/more ships beyond launch
- Sea of Thieves map will have 15 - 30 minute ship encounters
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit