High Quality AA and AF
While we test all our games with maximum in-game settings, turning on Anti-Aliasing (AA) and Antistrophic Filtering (AF) helps take the intensity of our testing to another level.
Here we see video cards go from playable FPS to an unplayable FPS and the real power houses continue to help break that 60 FPS mark we always aim for to provide a smooth gaming experience.
Getting into the AA side of things you can see we've got some great FPS at 1920 x 1200 under Mafia II, but when we move to 2560 x 1500, we fall just below that 60 FPS mark by a single FPS while the overclocked HD 7970 GHz Edition cards manage to sneak just ahead of that 60 FPS number.
We manage to just scrap in that 60 FPS mark at 1920 x 1200, but moving to 2560 x 1600 our numbers are way too low to provide a solid gaming experience.
Far Cry 2 numbers are good at both resolutions and you can see we're sitting in line with our overclocked GHz Edition cards at 2560 x 1600 while we're ahead at the lower 1920 x 1200 resolution.
Metro 2033 look good at 1920 x 1200, but like all our other cards here we fall behind the 60 FPS number at 2560 x 1600. Compared to the GHz Edition cards you can see at 1920 x 1200 we're a solid 9 - 11 FPS behind with our GTX 680.
Just Cause numbers look good and you can see like the HD 7970 GHz Edition TOXIC card from Sapphire we're able to just sneak in a 61 FPS number at 2560 x 1600. Overall you can see we're very close to our AMD offerings here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Playdead brings LIMBO and INSIDE to Nintendo Switch
- Sony doesn't need to enable cross-play, why risk 1st place?
- Unity's amazing Book of the Dead tech demo launched
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate is the most tweeted E3 title
- Resident Evil 2 Remake, zero plans for Nintendo Switch debut
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit