Since the models tested today come with just a single 80mm fan each, you will want to add some cooling into the rig. With so many to choose from on the market, you will be able to find something that fits into your performance/noise realm. Just make sure to put at least one fan in the front and one in the rear, but filling up all openings is always a better choice for the best possible cooling.
That said, I decided to break the rules and test both cases with just the single side fan installed since I already know that some folks will run it in this manner. Then I ran some system-intensive utilities to see how the internals handled the heat. The results ended up surprising me a bit, but considering the aluminum construction it shouldn't have.
The CS-528 model ran at a reasonably comfortable 36 degrees Celsius. Considering that there is only the one fan installed into the side panel and no other air circulation inside, this is really a good temperature. Adding a couple of slow moving (i.e. quiet) fans to the mix dropped the temperatures by another two degrees. As a comparison, the aluminum PC-60 enclosure from Lian-Li keeps the system at 31.5 degrees Celsius under the same conditions; but then the Lian-Li also costs about 2-3 times as much as our Enermax models.
The CS-718 didn't fare quite so well. Remember earlier on when I noticed that there weren't any air vents on the front of the bezel? It ended up costing the system temperature 2 degrees. With just the side fan going we ended up with a result of 38 degrees Celsius and the added slow moving fans brought it down to 36 degrees; the same temperature that the CS-528 managed with just the side fan going. So while it didn't make a large a difference as you might have thought, you will have to put up with marginally higher temperatures with the CS-718 Series case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 2 [CS-528]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 3 [CS-718]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 4 [Interior]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 5 [Cooling]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 6 [Lighting]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Decidueye was considered for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- If Anthem's cosmetics fail, paid expansions are likely
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- JUMP FORCE leaks images of Dragon Quest and JoJo Characters
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019