Since the models tested today come with just a single 80mm fan each, you will want to add some cooling into the rig. With so many to choose from on the market, you will be able to find something that fits into your performance/noise realm. Just make sure to put at least one fan in the front and one in the rear, but filling up all openings is always a better choice for the best possible cooling.
That said, I decided to break the rules and test both cases with just the single side fan installed since I already know that some folks will run it in this manner. Then I ran some system-intensive utilities to see how the internals handled the heat. The results ended up surprising me a bit, but considering the aluminum construction it shouldn't have.
The CS-528 model ran at a reasonably comfortable 36 degrees Celsius. Considering that there is only the one fan installed into the side panel and no other air circulation inside, this is really a good temperature. Adding a couple of slow moving (i.e. quiet) fans to the mix dropped the temperatures by another two degrees. As a comparison, the aluminum PC-60 enclosure from Lian-Li keeps the system at 31.5 degrees Celsius under the same conditions; but then the Lian-Li also costs about 2-3 times as much as our Enermax models.
The CS-718 didn't fare quite so well. Remember earlier on when I noticed that there weren't any air vents on the front of the bezel? It ended up costing the system temperature 2 degrees. With just the side fan going we ended up with a result of 38 degrees Celsius and the added slow moving fans brought it down to 36 degrees; the same temperature that the CS-528 managed with just the side fan going. So while it didn't make a large a difference as you might have thought, you will have to put up with marginally higher temperatures with the CS-718 Series case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 2 [CS-528]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 3 [CS-718]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 4 [Interior]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 5 [Cooling]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 6 [Lighting]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch's new Nintendo arcade games are too pricey
- GIVEAWAY: ADATA XPG SX950 480GB and SD700X 256GB SSDs
- GIGABYTE reveal the Z370 AORUS motherboard range
- SteelSeries release the Rival 110 gaming mouse
- Ataribox sounds like risky business
- Ryzen 3 vs. Core i3 benched on GTX 1060/1070 & RX Vega
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- White Hot Looks, White Hot Performance - CORSAIR Launches VENGEANCE RGB White DDR4
- Phanteks introduces Eclipse P300 PC case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor