Enermax CS-718 Series Case
As we move on to the CS-718 Series case, you'll notice that it contrasts a bit with the 528 model. This particular version comes in black with a silver colored front panel in the bezel, but also comes in other color choices to suit most needs. It features the same acrylic finish with the light texturing, so you can be assured of a very professional looking case.
Something to take note of is the plastic cover panels that are located all over the front bezel. They are made of a blue colored plastic base with a silver colored external shell. Since there is some thickness to the blue colored material, it will cause the edges to almost glow when it is hit with any sort of oblique lighting. It can make for an interesting look.
While this model doesn't have that glowing eyeball, it does manage to allow you to utilize all four of the external optical drive bays. If you have several devices, then this will be better suited to your needs. It really all comes down to personal preference and system design.
It also adds an additional 3.5" bay slot that is externally accessible so you have a little bit more flexibility when installing your system components. The top of these bays is fitted with a designed covering for your floppy drive and it works fine with industry standard devices.
Just below the smaller drive bays is a little bit of a lighting effect. These will work as your HDD activity light and your power on mode light. But since the front bezel is so large and this light is so small, the Enermax folks decided to take this design a step further.
Along the right and left sides of the front bezel are these little plastic tubes that look to be filled with bubbles. In fact, these are fully lit tubes and hook inside the case to a standard 4-pin Molex. This will help give the case a decidedly new look that isn't the norm when buying a manufactured product.
Finishing up on the front panel are the USB 2.0 slots and the mic/headphone jacks. As with the 528 Series case, there is also a cutout for a Firewire port, but this is optional.
The side panel is pretty much identical to the 528 Series with the exception of the exterior color. It features the same large window and the same fan complete with grill guard. It also has the same tight fitting window so should help aid case cooling.
Again, as with the 528 Series models, we have a pretty standard back to this enclosure. It is the same design and layout so I won't repeat myself.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 2 [CS-528]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 3 [CS-718]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 4 [Interior]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 5 [Cooling]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 6 [Lighting]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- Epic Games teams with Funko for Fortnite Pop! figurines
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit