Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Zalman doesn't give us a lot of information in their small specifications sheet, but the official product page is loaded with bits of information about performance, comparisons and such. The F1 Series consists of three capacity sizes - 60GB, 120GB and the 240GB size that we are reviewing today.
The 240GB model offers the highest random IOPS performance of the lineup. Zalman claims 45K IOPS read and write, but those are outdated numbers, as we'll show you today. The read IOPS performance is around 45K, but the 3.3.2 firmware delivers around 93K write IOPS, a large boost and a good showing of what SandForce is capable of when they finish their fine tuning of the firmware.
Firmware has become a hot issue over the last six months. In order to officially run 24nm Toshiba Toggle Mode flash LSI SandForce released firmware 5.0.1 and 5.0.2. Both of these releases broke the TRIM command, but LSI SF recently fixed the issue with 5.0.3. The Zalman F1 Series use IMFT flash and came loaded with firmware 3.3.2, one of the best SandForce firmware releases ever. With 3.3.2 we have working TRIM and very good performance, something we'll show you today.
Zalman offers a three year warranty and the F1 Series come with a desktop adapter bracket, screws for mounting and access to data migration software.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony's PS4 DualShock 4 gamepad: the most popular controller
- Tekken 7 receives a free DLC to celebrate 1-year anniversary
- Batman: Arkham developer to announce Superman game before E3
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance's modding tools/DLC's will be free
- Stardew Valley mod adds MEGA farm: unlimited online players
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit