Corsair Force GT 2012 240GB SSD
The new 32 chip Force GT design looks identical to the older design from the front.
The easiest way to tell if you have a 16 NAND 3/4 PCB Force GT or a new 32 NAND design is on the back. The older 16 chip design has a silver plug right in the middle on the back of the drive and you can see here, the 32 chip design doesn't.
The Force GT, just like the GS, has a standard 9.5mm z-height so these aren't going to work in many of the new ultrabooks. With 32 NAND flash chips the power draw will be quite a bit more too, but as we will show today, the Force GT 240GB is a beast for desktop use.
The SATA power and data connectors are offset to the side as they should be and the included desktop adapter bracket also offsets the drive.
A friend on Facebook the other day accused me of sleeping on NAND flash and stuffing my pillow with SandForce controllers. As you can see here, the Force GT 240GB with the new design actually makes such a feat possible.
The controller is the part that makes all of this flash possible. The LSI SandForce SF-2282 is rarely used in consumer SSDs, but luckily Corsair managed to find a good use for it.
There is flash everywhere!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Paladins remove their loot box system after community uproar
- New Battlefield title will be available at EA PLAY 2018
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch
- Coffee Lake CPUs multiply, Core i5-8500 and Core i5-8600
- Tesla's electric Semi truck is FAST, tires start smoking
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- For Sale (40 Pieces) Apple iPhone X 64GB $17,960 Brand New Unlocked
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit