Zalman F1 120GB SSD
The Zalman F Series SSD uses a light aluminum case to house the actual SSD that is inside.
The serial number and the Data Migration Utility key are on the back of the drive.
The F1 uses a 9.5mm z-height case so it's not going to work in many of the new ultrabooks, but it will work in the millions of existing notebooks and any desktop when using the included desktop adapter bracket.
The SATA power and data connectors are offset on the drive like they should be. The included adapter bracket also offsets the drive so the cables plug in more like those on 3.5" form factor drives. This helps when you have use SATA power cables that are tight and without a lot of flex.
Inside we found a SandForce SF-2281, exactly what we expected. Zalman paired the controller with Intel 25nm synchronous flash. This is the newer third generation 25nm flash too.
There are sixteen NAND flash chips, eight on each side and a lot of surface mount components on each side.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Nintendo Switch adds another 18 new games in a week
- Paladins remove their loot box system after community uproar
- New Battlefield title will be available at EA PLAY 2018
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit